HISTORY OF KAMP AMERSFOORT
In 1939 the establishment of a military camp started on the spot where Nationaal Monument Kamp Amersfoort now is. The site on the Appelweg where the barracks of the camp were built was property of N.V. Landgoed Den Treek and was requisitoned by the State of The Netherlands. The site of nine hectares was not chosen just by accident. Already in July 1927 a lease for this piece of land was signed between Jonkheer (Squire) W.H. de Beaufort, managing director of N.V. Landgoed “Den Treek” and the Ministry of Defence.